Time for that cheesy list of New Year’s resolutions!
2016 was rough with high school drama and all, but I had some highlights for sure.
2016 was the year I found my political voice. It, by far, was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. I also found how filled with hatred some people could be about politics. I was threatened, lost friends and probably burned some bridges. At first, the hate really took a toll on me. But then, through organizations like Turning Point USA and Future Female Leaders, I found a solid group of likeminded friends to support me. Attending YWLS (Part two here, and a promo video here) in June and WIWPB in December gave me the connections and inspiration to keep speaking out and also gave me some lifelong friends.
2017 can only be better. Graduating high school, starting college… being able to hit the reset button is very relieving. That being said, I want to make a few improvements for the next year.
My New Years Resolutions for 2017
- Exercise enough to enjoy a cookie a day
- Only eat that ONE cookie girl… you don’t need more than one. You might want another one, but it is not worth it.
- Don’t be so scared to make friends. Put yourself out there. Not everyone will love you and that is okay! Don’t let that fear stop you from meeting great people.
- Cut ties with the negative people. Life is too short to waste time with crappy people.
- Drink more water so you can keep drinking all that coffee.
- Get lots of sleep, but don’t sleep your life away.
- Enjoy the last 144 days of high school. It’s not so bad. And enjoy the summer before college!
- Write more, even if it is just once a week.
I hope everyone has a wonderful 2017 and achieves all their dreams and more.